Current and Former Students
PhD (Finished )
- Nitesh Kumar, 2023 . Nitesh's PhD thesis was about inference and learning in hybrid relation domains, he defended his PhD at KU Leuven and was co-supervised with Luc De Raedt. [homepage]
- Timothy van Bremen, 2022 . Tim's PhD thesis was about lifted inference, he defended his PhD at KU Leuven and was co-supervised with Luc De Raedt. [homepage]
- Gustav Šourek, 2021 . Gustav's PhD thesis was about lifted relational neural networks (LRNNs), a deep relational learning framework. Gustav was co-supervised with Filip Železný. Winner of Antonin Svoboda Award for the Best PhD Thesis awarded by the Czech Society for Cybernetics and Informatics. [thesis] [homepage]
- Jianhang Ai (PhD student working on concentration inequalities for ML and AI).
- Jáchym Barvínek (PhD student working on expressivity of probabilistic logic programming, co-supervised with Filip Železný).
- Peter Jung (PhD student working on modelling large networks).
- Martin Svatoš (PhD student working on structure learning for lifted relational neural networks (LRNNs)). [homepage]
- Jan Tóth (PhD student working on neural Markov logic networks).
- Yuanhong Wang (PhD student at Beihang University working on lifted inference and sampling and other topics). [homepage]
BSc and MSc
- Jan Tóth, 2021 . Dean's Award. Jan Tóth studied learning of Markov logic networks with complex weights. [thesis]
- Jan Kozák, 2021 . Jan Kozák studied the problem of relational marginal polytope construction. [thesis]
- Vu Huy Hoang, 2020 . Vu Huy Hoang's thesis introduced a method for learning graphons through neural network learning. [thesis]
- Peter Jung, 2020 . The results from Peter Jung's MSc thesis on product description matching got into production. [thesis]
- Andrea Fuksová, 2014 . Winner of CISCO outstanding thesis award, recipient of Dean's Award and Czech and Slovak ACM-SPY thesis competition finalist. Andrea Fuksová studied so-called bounded least general generalization. [thesis]
- Gustav Šourek, 2013 . Gustav Šourek's thesis was about predicting the spread of information in social networks). [thesis]
- Vojtěch Aschenbrenner, 2013 . The first incarnation of lifted relational neural networks (LRNNs) appeared in Vojtěch Aschenbrenner's thesis. [thesis]
TreeLiker software for relational feature construction [link].
I have been serving on the PC of AAAI, AISTATS, UAI, KR, IJCAI. I am an editorial board member of Machine Learning Journal (MLJ) and an associate editor of Artificial Intelligence Communications (AIC). I have also been reviewing for journals such as JMLR, AIJ, MLJ, DAMI and others.